Back to Blog
There are many sites for strategic insights. None of these make sense if the mentalscape of leaders is confused, tentative, and cluttered.
Many distractions and wrong routes to getting this right in the minds of leaders, which include:
- muddled up ideas and process on strategy;
- political considerations and dynamics within;
- confusing strategy with program thrusts and value-driven motivations;
- pleasing all stakeholders for the sake of appeasement;
- not budgeting for monitoring, implementation and evaluation of the strategy outcomes;
- delegating the process to 'one or two people' in the organization;
- using a strategy as a a tick-box solution for other ills in the organization;
- short-term thinking;
As a leader, you better know why you're doing this and what outcomes you're seeking. Just because the old one is expiring soon, it doesn't mean that you should automatically create a new one without further introspection.
Declutter your mentalscape. Protect it from distractions and short-term mindset. When you do, the vision becomes clearer, the process is straightforward, and your budget is maximized on value.
If you're interested to deep dive into your strategy, change, and engagement issues, reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Don't wait for the perfect time, situation, or budget.Read More