Provocateurs not Philanthropists: Turning Good Intentions into Global Impact (September 2022, Changemakers Books)
You want to make a difference: to use your talents and resources in the “developing world” and create a meaningful, lasting impact. While governments, multilateral organizations, and billionaire philanthropists continue to look for the next “silver bullet”, can you be confident that you can make a difference with who you are, what you have, and what you can imagine for the communities you feel called to work with?
Unlike the philanthropists, provocateurs are everyday leaders such as entrepreneurs, teachers, farmers, engineers. They are ordinary people who make extraordinary personal and professional contributions to making the world a better place. They leave lasting legacies.
This book distills real-life examples and insights from the experiences of provocateurs in the Global South into a framework that will ensure your impacts will be sustainable and generative. Like these effective provocateurs, you too can bring the benefits of your vision, compassion, and impact to communities by applying these solid and practical principles for success.
10 Strategies to Organizational Impact
Don't look for the best practice of other organizations. The real best practice comes from your own devices, adjustments, and improvisation. Contrary to popular belief, impact is about everyday effectiveness.
Master the 10 strategies now.
Free Articles & White Papers
Strategy & Change
- Leading in Crisis: Mining Opportunities
- Strategies for the Post-Pandemic Emergence
your Strategy Plans away:
3 Lessons from the Failure Playbook
- Why Strategy Plans fail even before it starts?
- 4 Contextual factors in Strategy creation
- Change Management begins with you
- Good Change, Bad Change, Optimum Change
- Whose results? What results
- Strategizing your Business Reset post-COVID
Impact & Leadership
- How to Go Beyond Your Comfort Zone to Grow Personally and Professionally
- The Scarcity Mentality in Organizations
- Wishful thinking is dangerous
- Being an Effective Leader in Turbulent Times
- Dealing with Ambiguity During the Pandemic
- Seeing Light at the End of the Tunnel:5 Reasons
to be hopeful during the corona crisis
- Using your platform to create impact
- Debunking Mentoring Myths for Women
- 10 Lessons in Diversity and Inclusion
& Culture Presentation
Strategy, Accountability, and Engagement Presentation
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
Thriving in Post-Pandemic Workplace Presentation
Thoughts on Innovation, Impact, & Sustainability
Watch the Videos/Podcasts
- Podcast Guest Presentation: On Provocateurs and more with Bicurean Consulting Podcast
- Podcast Guest Presentation: On Provocateurs with Rainforest Alberta
- Podcast Guest Presentation: On Provocateurs with the World Fair Trade Organization
- Podcast Guest Presentation: On Provocateurs
- Seminar Presentation: Juris North 2022 Roundtables on Sustainability
- Live TV Guesting: Businesses Thriving in Post-COVID for Ticker TV (Australia)
Read the Press Releases
- Media Release for Provocateurs not Philanthropists: Turning Good Intentions into Global Impact (Release Date October 1, 2022) (July 20, 2022)
- Maiden Manzanal-Frank offers ASK ME NOW! LIVE Q and A on hot button issues for purpose-centered executives from February to June 2022. (January 27, 2022)
- The SAC Release-Global Opportunities Springing up Everywhere-Two-Pronged Approach to Global Opportunities. (April 2, 2021)
- The SAC Release-How to Triumph and Grow in this Uncertain Time-Diversify Funding and Partnerships Now. (June 1, 2020)